Big kids know what they like. Why do they--and their families--love Rhythm Kids® Online (for ages 4-8)?
"I love the program. The music alone is sophisticated and diverse--it's so good for children to hear and learn these types of songs. I teach my daughter piano myself and Rhythm Kids supports all I am doing, plus gives her a solid foundation in the whole music experience; singing, movement, rhythm and early theory." Mom and teacher Grace
"Rhythm Kids students come to me with a solid foundation in music and drumming! i don't have to explain as much because they have experienced so much in class. It's impressive! And often, when I show them a pattern, they already know it and recite the chant phrases fromthe program! These are kids who took the program years before they come to me as a teacher! I am always amazed and can identify a Rhythm Kid right away!" elite private instructor Dan
- Classes provide just the right balance of play-based learning with new musical challenges.
- The carefully curated musical experiences are designed to broaden a child's cultural, linguistic, rhythmic, and tonal horizons.
- Children develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation.
- This semester's "Elephant" collection features drumming patterns inspired by the triple-meter social dance from Mali known as Suku. We'll enjoy dramatic play in "The Elephant Stampede" and lightly choreographed dancing in "Music Everywhere." We'll also learn a delightful Gaelic children's song called "Dilín ó Deamhas," and, of course, have a blast doing "The Elephant Dance!"
Designed specifically for pre-K and early elementary students, our active Rhythm Kids classes tap into how children this age are wired to learn. In each weekly music class, we drum, sing, stomp, fly, climb, pretend, and play rhythms inspired by musical traditions around the world. Students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—a variety of musical instruments: West African djembe drums, percussion instruments, and, the most important instruments of all, their voices and their bodies. As your big kid learns to think and create like a musician, they’ll also build musical connections to the global community.
- immersion in the musical language of many cultures
- playful music games with rules
- opportunities to lead
- deep exposure to complex, fun, and rockin' music
- many chances to solo, improvise, and work in ensembles
- rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation, and innovation