Big kids know what they like. Why do they--and their families--love Rhythm Kids® Online (for ages 4-8)?
- Classes provide just the right balance of play-based learning with new musical challenges.
- The carefully curated musical experiences are designed to broaden a child's horizons culturally, historically, rhythmically, and tonally.
- Children develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation.
- This semester's "Tree Frog" collection draws rhythmic and melodic inspiration from Japan and Puerto Rico.
Designed specifically for pre-K and early elementary students, our active Rhythm Kids classes tap into how children this age are wired to learn. In each weekly music class, we drum, sing, stomp, fly, climb, pretend, and play rhythms inspired by musical traditions around the world. Students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—a variety of musical instruments: West African djembe drums, percussion instruments, and, the most important instruments of all, their voices and their bodies. As your big kid learns to think and create like a musician, they’ll also build musical connections to the global community.
- immersion in the musical language of many cultures
- playful music games with rules
- opportunities to lead
- deep exposure to complex, fun, and rockin' music
- many chances to solo, improvise, and work in ensembles
- rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation, and innovation