Rhythm Kids 4-5 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Utilizing the current semester's Music Together® song collection each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 4-5 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns,
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.),
- create movement ideas for songs,
- and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, preRhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 with an adult and include:
- Nine weekly, 45-minute classes
- Songbook and two CDs each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
- Drums will be provided for the class each week. Just add hands!
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song.
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing.
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically.