Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through Second grade. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
||· learn multicultural drumming patterns;
· develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
· explore movement and dance while singing songs;
· play games based on music and drumming;
· have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight. A special part of the Rhythm Kids class experience is the play-along videos and other materials available online.
Classes are for children who are in Kindergarten, First, or Second Grade, and include:
· Nine weekly, 45-minute classes
· Two CDs each semester
· Access to online in-home activity pages
· Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
· Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
· Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
· Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
· Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
· Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
· Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
· Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
· Parents and caregivers are always welcome, but attendance is NOT mandatory!
· Students will want to have their own hand drum for use at home and in class.
Use the code RHYTHMKIDS for 5% off this djembe which is of the recommended size for this age group.